D2 New York - BrooklynJuly 6, 2019 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 30 °C
Impressions of New York so far:
- Brooklyn is rad. With its old school
Industrial architecture and views of both downtown and uptown Manhattan.
- It feels just like the movies depict it. It’s beautiful and quirky.
- It’s expensive - think queen vic night market prices but in US dollars. So a grilled pork panini (delicious!) cost 13 usd.
- Their public transport system has a lot of character, energy and life. Aka there’s plenty of homeless people singing, selling Oreos and water and speaking to themselves.
- Customer service (even when tipping isn’t necessary) is excellent. This may be influenced by the tipping culture however.
TOP 3 Highlights of today:
1. Brooklyn - wandering the Williamsburg and Dumbo neighbourhoods. Eating at Smorgasburg and getting custom made jewellery...for Anthony
2. Brooklyn Bridge - walking with the masses across the wooden boardwalk while dodging local hoons on bicycles.
3. REI - Kate had her first introduction to this US icon. We broke the budget, and it’s only day two...Read more