Satellite
Show on map
  • Braga

    April 11, 2019 in Portugal ⋅ ☀️ 13 °C

    Today was a big travelling day, crossing from Portugal to Spain but let's start at the beginning.
    After a lovely breakfast at our hostel in Geres we got on a bus to head back to Braga. The journey through the national park was very different to a couple of days ago when we arrived in the rain. This time we had beautiful sunshine and a chance to see all the spectacular scenery.
    We then had a few hours to look around Braga, a very nice little city with flowers everywhere and some very grand architecture. We've started noticing lots of holy week related 'semana santa' decorations around so we'll expect even more when we get to Spain and closer to Easter.
    Our bus from Braga to Santiago de Compostela was very quick and breezed across the border at about 100km/h. We passed Vigo along the way and some other coastal cities which looked cool but no time to stop on this trip.
    Finally in the evening we arrived in Santiago, our first destination in Spain, the second country on the trip. Managed to get a few drinks and some tapas before heading back to the hostel for an early night, ready to go and meet Julie and Jess tomorrow.
    Read more