Satellit
Vis på kort
  • Dag 2

    Damper Bread at Thredbo Diggings

    17. februar 2019, Australien ⋅ ☁️ 18 °C

    2nd night camping on the banks of the Thredbo River at Thredbo Diggings. Woke up to an awesome view and the sound of Kookaburras as the mist rolled over the river and the sun glistened in the running water.

    We ventured on our mountain bikes and took a trail to Bullocks Hut. Jen managed to take out a few trees during our navigation through the narrow bike trail and we spotted a couple of bush kangaroos on our way.

    Back at base, just relaxing. Lots of Marsh Flys hanging around the pit toilets. They're never seems to be more than 3 or 4 flys but if you kill them all, 3 or 4 immediately take their place...!

    We made a campfire in the evening and let the wood burn to hot coals and placed my yummy damper bread recipe in a pot belly stove to cook.

    DAMPER BREAD RECIPE (30-40min)
    2 cup self raising flour, 1cup milk, a pinch of salt, walnuts, chocolate cherries.

    The choc cherries were kindly send to us by Jackie in Chicago. First attempt at damper and delish. A real winner.

    The Ducks have retired for the night and possums are scouting around the campsite for food and we spotted a platypus in the river during twilight.

    The days are sunny and warm but it can get quite cold in the high country at night so we have made hot water bottles to keep the toes warm.

    WILDLIFE
    Ducks, Busk Kangaroos, Platypus, Marsh Flys.
    Læs mere