Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Mountain Bike Trailing 101

    February 18, 2019 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 25 °C

    Day 3 of our great Adventure. There’s an intermediate mountain bike trail from Thredbo Village which passes our campsite at Thredbo Diggings. So we decide to ride it in the opposite direction to Ngarigo Campsite 9km return. How hard can it be?

    Wait a minute, it seems quite steep and unforgiving and all the pro bikers are riding past us at great pace in the opposite direction. Of course it’s a downhill mountain bike track and we are riding it uphill... doh!

    Jen went forwards and then backwards into a bush (see pic/it’s for real) and when we finally got to our destination, we were cooked (see pic of our bikes, we have both collapsed beside them).

    After a ham sandwich and a bit of a rest, we gamefully donned our bike helmets and traversed down the mountain bike trail back to base camp which was a hoot, so much easier, and not much peddling required.

    Needless to say, a dip in the river and siesta was required to recover.

    A quick storm passed and we lit the campfire to cook a pot belly sausage and red wine casserole in the evening. Quite like cooking over coals. Maybe we shall try walking over them next... it may be easier than mountain biking.

    WILDLIFE
    A Bush Cyclist...!
    Read more