Satélite
Exibir no mapa
  • Dia 11

    Possum heads home as we hit Blue Mtns

    26 de fevereiro de 2019, Austrália ⋅ ☁️ 16 °C

    Your usual blogger (aka Steve) is under the weather so the back up has been called in... It was time to leave our little slice of heaven and head further north and west; back to the mountains.

    DRIVE: Jervis Bay to Katoomba via Shellharbour (269km).
    Getting the hang of the pack up now so we were on the road early; or maybe it was the extra pair of hands? A stop at Shellharbour for brunch before we dropped Possum/Jaime at Wollongong station. We’re pretty sure she was heading south but we didn’t actually see her board the train to the airport!! Leaving the coast behind us, we headed up and over Mt Keira and worked our way around the outskirts of Sydney. Lots of double B trucks and a couple of rogue bus drivers to deal with!! Wound our way through Glenbrook, Blaxland, Faulconbridge (home to Norman Lindsay, author of the lovely children’s book, The Magic Pudding), Wentworth Falls, Leura and finally into Katoomba.

    CAMP SITE: Katoomba Falls Tourist Park / Blue Mountains NSW.
    (Almost) Full set up for the first time as we’re on a powered site. You know what that means - microwave, air conditioning/heating, Nespresso machine... Now Steve’s in heaven... Didn’t set up the TV though - almost two weeks now without. Great location; across from Scenic World (OMG, I’ve never seen so many tour buses) & a short walk to the famous Three Sisters. You’ll have to wait to find out why they’re famous. Tidy, well-maintained camp with good amenities and sites. And more motorhomes than at a caravan show!!

    While Steve took a koala nap, I did a quick explore around Leura Cascades, ending up at Rooster restaurant drinking in the view (& a cheeky splash). A low key evening - some solo Bananagrams & Rummikub for Jenny; zzz’s for Steve :)

    WILDLIFE
    Koala having a nap...
    Leia mais