Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 12

    The Three Sisters

    February 27, 2019 in Australia ⋅ ☁️ 16 °C

    So here’s a tip - don’t go anywhere near the Three Sisters and Echo Point until after 5pm. The crowds have gone by then and the parking’s free :)
    And just why are they called the Three Sisters? According to Gundungurra Dreaming, three beautiful sisters named Meehni, Wimlah and Gunnedoo fell in love with three brothers from a neighbouring nation, the Dharruk people. As marriage was strictly forbidden by tribal law, the brothers decided to take the sisters by force. Tribal war forced the Kuradjuri (clever man) of the Gundungurra people to turn the sisters into stone. He intended to restore them after the war ended but, you guessed it, he was killed in the battle and to this day nobody has been able to break the spell. The Three Sisters watch over the beautiful Jamison Valley; home to a myriad of beautiful walks, including National Pass.

    So, yes, we popped on over to see the Three Sisters late in the day, having restocked our supplies after a “Possum” ate them all, and done the laundry...

    Also got our waterfall fix today at both Katoomba and Wentworth Falls, although not much water flowing over them. And of course, if you want to walk to the bottom of a waterfall, you’ve got to walk back up!!! It’s also well worth just meandering through the back streets of the little towns and villages in the Blue Mountains. Wentworth Falls has some lovely real estate, including one on the market now - The Falls House - if you’ve got a cool $3 million...

    WILDLIFE
    Yellow-crested cockatoo
    Read more