Satellit
Vis på kort
  • Dag 13

    The Walls Lookout and Bilpin Cider

    28. februar 2019, Australien ⋅ ⛅ 24 °C

    We followed Jaime’s advice today, leaving the tourists behind us and headed for the northern side of the Blue Mountains. Archibald Bell, with help from the indigenous at the time, found a new way across the mountains and it became known as the Bells Line of Road, or The Botanist’s Way.

    Jaime had been staying over that way on her east coast adventure and told us about a great lookout and a cider orchard. We hit both!!

    The 1.2km walk into Wall’s Lookout ends in sheer cliffs overlooking Grose Valley. We hung around here (sometimes literally) for quite a while as we had the place to ourselves. It was great to explore and the panoramic was awesome.

    Feeling a bit peckish and thirsty, we continued along the road to Bilpin Cider where we did a tasting and feasted on fantastic apple pie (Steve) & brownie (Jen) with cream. Bought a 6 pack to take with us (cider, not pies & brownies!!).

    Quick stops at the Botanic Gardens at Mt Tomah (the only ones within the boundaries of a national park) and the Hydro Majestic Hotel before we took our own advice and re-visited the Three Sisters after 5pm. This time we walked down the Giant Stairway to the Honeymoon Bridge.

    WILDLIFE: Lyrebird, (some sort of) reptiles, marsupial mouse, echidna.
    Læs mere