Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 14

    Muttaburra

    August 22, 2021 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 27 °C

    After our early morning walk in Barcaldine we are off to Muttaburra. The road varies from what looks like a recently built super highway to a single lane piece of scrappy bitumen. I know which type I wanted to see oncoming road trains on. We passed through Aramac on the way and being a Sunday everything was closed. It certainly looks like a well maintained town with some great facilities like the swimming pool, gardens and parks. The quirky bull statues add a bit of colour (well...white). An intersting note was the story of the white bull and it's connection to the movie "Robbery Under Arms".
    Between Aramac and Muttaburra the road was so good we decided Faye should do some of the driving. I took the opportunity to try to get some drone footage as we drove along to show the countryside. Everything went well with the drone following behind us, looked great on the screen. I brought it back down and then realised I hadn't hit the record button. Another win!
    Arriving in Muttaburra we drove past the caravan park (great deal on 3 night stays) as it looked a bit crowded, hot and dusty. Further down the road is Muttaburra Freedom Camp on the banks of a local dam. At $6.00 per night and a lovely space available we decided to stay. Still being Sunday, nothing was open here either. Campfire dinner turned out well.
    Read more