Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 57

    A Rather Grey Day on the Coast

    April 27, 2020 in Australia ⋅ 🌙 13 °C

    The last couple of days have seen us involved in a frenzy of home improvement projects. Well, perhaps frenzy might be a little bit of an exaggeration, but we did pick up our paint brushes and slap a lot of paint about the place. Some of it actually went where it was supposed to.

    Although the sun was far too shy to make an appearance, at least there was no rain. The painting was finished before lunchtime so we had the afternoon free to have some fun. But what could we do ?

    After a short time for thinking, we decided to go to Cape Paterson for a walk. The dog seemed pleased with our decision and decided to come alomg also.

    Although Cape Paterson is only a short drive from Inverloch, it is an entirely different type of town in that it has virtually no shops or other facilities. It is home to a huge new environmental housing development called "The Cape". That is where we chose to do our walk.

    I must admit that I was surprised by the size of the development and the unique styles of the homes that had been built there. These are all apparently designed to be highly environmentally sensitive and many claim to have energy ratings or 9 or even 10 stars.

    The dog discovered that it also had a large dog park, complete with off lead area and all sorts of canine activity stations. It was a doggy heaven and she obviously found the multitude of scents absolutely intoxicating. We enjoyed the place so much that we decided to come back tomorrow and explore the place some more on our bikes.
    Read more