Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 64

    Star Wars and Screw Creek

    May 4, 2020 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 12 °C

    After the miserable weather of the past few days it was a relief to wake up to relative silence. Although the skies were still overcast, the torrential rain had finally stopped.

    In these monotonous days of lockdown, any break in the routine is more than welcome. The highlights of our week are undoubtedly the visit from the rubbish man and the delivery from Woolworths online. They are the only visitors we are allowed to have, so their arrivals are an occasion for much joy and rejoicing.

    Today was special for an entirely different reason. It was the famous "Star Wars Day" - May 4th. In case you still don't get it, this day gets its name from the famous space blessing "May the force be with you". If you say it with a lisp,you will get the idea.

    We decided to take advantage of the meteorological respite by going on a long walk along the coast to Screw Creek lookout. The views across the inlet to Venus Bay are quite magnificent and Maggie did her best to actually fall into the inlet when she missed her footing on a section of the path that had been eroded by the recent storms.

    A couple of brief passing showers did little to dampen our enjoyment, but we were tired when we made it back to the car. Tomorrow we plan to get on the bikes and ride the Great Southern Rail Trail to Toora and back.
    Read more