Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 14

    Paris - A Meeting with Bruce Willis

    October 11, 2012 in France ⋅ 🌧 17 °C

    Right in the centre of Paris, there are two islands in the middle of the Seine. These are the Ile de la Cite and the Ile St Louis. Real estate on these islands is probably some of the most expensive in the world, so you never know who you might bump into when you are walking the streets of these islands of privilege.

    While walking the Ile St Louis, I noticed a little cluster of people up ahead. Being a nosy person, I decided to join the crowd to see what was happening. It turned out that a film was being shot and the lead actor was none other than Bruce Willis. Sure enough, there he was standing just a few metres away from me.

    Even more surprising was the fact that there was not just one Bruce Willis, there were two of them. His stunt double was also in the scene too, presumably to protect the real Bruce Willis from doing anyone that might give him a bruise. The film they were shooting was Red 2. I don't know much about the story, but it must involve fast cars and big guns, because they were both in the scene.

    It was an interesting start to the day, but Paris is always like that. You just never know what is about to happen around the next street corner.

    Later in the day I caught the train out to the famous Palace of Versailles. The huge and very opulent palace gives some idea of how a King can waste the resources of an entire nation, just to satisfy their own pride and greed. I actually found the place a little sad.
    Read more