Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    A Train to Passau

    August 28, 2009 in Germany ⋅ ⛅ 26 °C

    Although we had originally thought we would have to catch a train into Munich, and then catch a second train to Passau, we made the pleasant discovery that the train to Passau actually passes through Friesing. That certainly saved a lot of hassle.

    We formed a walking peloton, and started dragging our suitcases over the cobblestoned streets to the nearby station. When the train arrived, we could not work out which carriage was for us, so we simply climbed into the comfortable empty carriage and enjoyed the ride.

    It was not until some time later, when the conductor arrived to examine our tickets, that we were sold in no uncertain terms, that we were illegally sitting in the First Class Carriage. It was our first full day in Germany and we had already fallen foul of the authorities.

    At the next station, we all dragged our cases off the train and into the second class carriage. By that time it was a bit academic, since we were almost at Passau anyway.

    Soon we were unloading at Passau Station and walking to the Hotel Jesuitenschlossl. It was the nice hotel with the unpronounceable name. After checking in to the hotel, we had the rest of the day free to explore the city of Passau.
    Read more