Satellite
Show on map
  • Testing Missiles

    April 17 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 11 °C

    There is something about preparing for an extended trip that always involves chaos just before departure. This trip is no exception. Looking around my house you might be excused for thinking that someone had been testing missiles.

    With the proliferation of suitcases, food and a veritable mountain of electronic devices, cables and chargers, it is certainly not a pretty sight. Our task tomorrow morning will be try to squeeze it all in to our modest sized car. This is always where a working knowledge of the principles of Tetris comes in handy.

    If we succeed in getting everything packed, then we will be heading off on the long drive to Albury/Wodonga. At least the weather forecast for the next few days looks very promising, with a succession of fine, warm and dry days ahead.

    Although the weather looks perfect, the news about our booked accommodation is not so perfect. When we booked the room in Wodonga some months ago, we specifically asked for the same room we had last time we were in the motel. We were assured that this would not be a problem. When I rang today to confirm the arrangements, I was told that they had given our room to someone else and that it could not be changed. He promised that our new room would be "just as good" as the requested room. I am not convinced that this will be true.
    Read more