Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Beechworth to Yackandandah

    April 21 in Australia ⋅ 🌙 9 °C

    Central Victorian Cycling Adventure - Day 4. With the succession of absolutely perfect days we have experienced ever since we left Melbourne, no one could possibly ask for a better reason as to why we chose this time of the year to do the rides. The combination of beautiful weather and spectacular autumn colours is impossible to beat.

    Today we left Wodonga and drove the short distance to Beechworth. Eighteen Ghostriders gathered at the Beechworth Railway Station. At the same time hundreds of other riders were gathering all over town for some sort of charity ride. Fortunately they were not all heading in the same direction as us.

    Our task today was to complete a 52 km round trip to Yackandandah and back again. The last time we rode this trail, we encountered a terribly rough section along Kibbals Lane. We were all hoping that this section had now been upgraded.

    To our immense relief we soon discovered that this entire section has now been replaced with a beautiful smooth bitumen trail. It is SO much better than it used to be.

    After lunch at Yackandandah, we climbed back on the bikes for the uphill ride back to Beechworth. Although it is still hard work, the improvements to the trail meant that it was actually quite enjoyable.

    Tomorrow is an optional riding day from Everton to Beechworth. Quite a few of our riders are feeling weary (due to their great ages) and have decided to spend the entire day in bed instead of riding.
    Read more