Satelliet
Weergeven op kaart
  • Dag 78

    Fernandina to Jacksonville, FL

    6 november 2023, Verenigde Staten ⋅ ⛅ 72 °F

    What a great night and day! Fernandina was a beautiful historic downtown walking district and the surrounding area was a plethora of historic homes. We loved our walks and the beautiful town. We also got to meet John and Cindy, AKA Marissa's parents. We had dinner and were invited to view their beautiful home. It was a very nice night.

    We cruised down the inside today and that required we wait for a rising tide so we left after 11am. The wildlife and scenery were beautiful. Dolphins continually approached the boat and played in our wake. I will post the basic video I got. I wish they were more photogenic! We also see so many birds! It makes me wish we were better birders (is that a word?). We also got to go pretty fast because there weren't many developments along this portion of the ICW. So, all our needs were met!

    We have landed in Jacksonville, FL, which so far is strip malls and industrial area. We decided to get out to the extended area tomorrow and stay 2 nights to see it. Maybe I will have more to report then.

    What Could Go Right? Dang our tans are coming along nicely. The weather was 80+ today and we were mostly heading into the sun. I am sorry friends back on the East Coast, but I know you are enjoying that beautiful Fall foliage, so it is a trade off. We are also close to everything in this marina we are in for the next two nights, so we will be glad to get provisions and see some of Florida.

    What Could Go Wrong? There was this huge mill of some sort right at the waterfront of Fernandina. The mill ran ALL NIGHT. Ugh! Not ideal. In fact the whole marina did not match the town. It was dirty and inconvenient and very noisy. Tonight seems like we have a better location.
    Meer informatie