Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 93

    Vero Beach to Riviera Beach, Fl

    November 21, 2023 in the United States

    Happy Thanksgiving!!!

    We ended up with a car again in Vero because we had to get boat parts and dog veterinarian visits done. That took us to one of our scheduled stops; Stuart. We saw the cute city, had dinner, looked at the weather, and decided to change our itinerary. So we skipped outside into the Atlantic and made it to our last stop before the Bahamas.

    Vero turned out to be a very nice stop in a very crowded area. We liked the beach and all the conveniences. But nothing prepared us for the beauty that is further south down the coast of Florida. It looks like the Caribbean! This is a MUST come back to the area. I would never never want to live here. It's so crowded! But this would be a great place to vacation. The water is beautiful! Beaches beautiful. Dolphins are plentiful. Yes, I will have to come back here.

    What Could Go Right? It's a great Thanksgiving, and we have a lot to be grateful for. All of our kids are enjoying Thanksgiving meals with friends or loved ones. Ruth gave us a scare, but she sounds in good spirits for the day. We are sending love to our brothers and sisters as they navigate the holiday. The weather is perfect, and our boat is running as if someone had poured blood sweat and tears into it.

    What Could Go Wrong? Well, most of you know Dave dropped his phone in the ocean today. Was this an accident or his way of declaring, "I'm going to the Bahamas, I'll see you in May!"? We will never really know, but a replacement should come with Ella in December, so it's not the end of the world. And despite all of our planning and preparing, we are crossing over without Dave's favorite bread and a fuel pump we might need. As far as problems go, we are also extremely thankful.
    Read more