Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 106

    Chub Cay to Nassau

    December 4, 2023 on the Bahamas ⋅ ⛅ 81 °F

    I did NOT want to leave Chub Cay. End of story there. You know when people say they want to go to a deserted island and lay on the beach? This is the place they want to do it. We met a few people who do exactly that. This resort had a beautiful pool, pristine beach, great food and great staff. The only two issues we had were 1) Laundry machines didn't work well and 2) Going on a kayaking excursion got messed up. Oh poor poor poor us. Seriously, this place is the place to go to run away!

    We moved on to Nassau today. A quick 3 hour trip. It is in stark contrast to Chub. A big metropolitan city with traffic, construction and a big Disney like resort. We are only staying the one night and then we are off to find more paradise.

    What Could Go Right? Our little home is working well and it is very nice to have a place that is ours as we explore all these different places. It's like being on vacation and being at home all at once. You get the best of both worlds.

    What Could Go Wrong? There is a new unidentified noise coming from the port engine. Stay tuned on that because Dave wants to wait until we are going to be somewhere a few days before he undertakes fixing it. Oh and bugs and leaks, leaks and bugs!
    Read more