Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 22

    ... in Cocoa Beach

    January 30, 2016 in the United States ⋅ 🌙 9 °C

    January 23 - 30

    Our drive from Orlando to Cocoa Beach was supposed to be a quick l l/2 hours, but I made a spontaneous decision to avoid I-4 because traffic was inching along. Big mistake because the GPS and navigator took me on a route that was way off track so we didn't arrive until several hours later, partially due to stops for gas and food.

    Our home this week is The Resort on Cocoa Beach which is located on the Space Coast. We had two nice surprises on arrival: our assigned unit was one of the ocean-front penthouse condos (2 bedroom/2 bathroom) on the 8th floor; and we had an amazing view of a full moon rising! The resort is very nice and had many daily activities. The only one we attended was the weekly BBQ - hotdog, cheeseburger, beans, coleslaw, and coke - all for a remarkably low $4! We passed on the hotdogs! There was entertainment and I won one of the door prizes, a large coffee mug.

    Florida has been experiencing abnormal weather patterns due to it being an El Nino winter. Day time temperatures have averaged around 18 C and at night it's been as low as a chilly 2 C. We've also had record rainfall this month. C'est la vie!
    Read more