Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 16

    Plaza de Espana

    January 15, 2018 in Spain ⋅ ☀️ 13 °C

    Nearby was Plaza de Espana with the remains of the 1929 international fair for Spanish-speaking countries. Along the exterior walls of the building were historic scenes and maps of each province in Spain done in ceramic tile. There has been more tile work here than the northern cities. I’m learning that tile will last forever. There was a flamenco dancer and guitarist busking. For all you Game of Throne fans, this site was used in the production of the series. John didn’t see anything that looked familiar to him and he’s watched the whole series but admits he’s not good with details. Notice the new wool scarf I bought him as he was complaining that his neck was cold because he got his hair cut too short. Where does he get his ideas from?! So this is his new European look with no baseball cap!

    Since John was quickly fading at this point, we ate out at a recommended tapas restaurant, which are everywhere. I learned that with so little new construction in Sevilla, the unemployed engineers and architects have invested in renovating old spaces to create new tapas bars and cafes.
    Read more