Satellite
Show on map
  • Out on Tour

    January 14, 2019 in Hong Kong ⋅ ⛅ 19 °C

    Today was our first full day here in Hong Kong. We had deliberately kept the morning “free” as we (correctly) assumed jet lag would cut in and we would struggle to get out of bed this morning! The eight hour time difference meant we were tucking into our brekkie whilst everyone else around us were eating their early lunch! This afternoon we had booked a city tour and we set off with Timothy, our lovely guide, and headed up to Victoria Peak, which is a hill at the top of Hong Kong island. It is 552m above sea level and has amazing views across the city and beyond. Unfortunately today was very misty, so you will have to take our word for the amazing views! There is a tram that travels up the hill but why take a tram when you have a car and driver?! Our next stop was out onto the water and to spend some time on a boat around the harbour. We then visited a jewellery factory (where we managed to avoid buying anything! ) and finally a street market by the sea, where we did manage to buy some things!
    Dinner tonight was taken in a restaurant 55 floors up and overlooking the water. Good food and good views too!
    Read more