Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 23

    Smaller towns... what is it?

    May 16, 2018 in Canada ⋅ ☀️ 23 °C

    As we look back over our travels we begin to see a few patterns. Always heading to colder climates; liking independent travel; searching for the quirky and unusual [especially in coffee shops, gift stores and architecture]; often drawn to smaller towns.

    Let’s explore the magnetism to smaller towns. A few communities spring to mind around British Columbia and Alberta. Fernie, Princeton, Revelstoke, Waterton, Hope - all seemed to fit the criteria of acceptability in our minds.

    We found communities that were proud of themselves; had enough uniqueness to make them was noticeable; weren't shy of speaking about their qualities; did things with a degree of excellence we admired; and finally, were friendly and wanted to serve, knowing that part of their existence comes from us, the visiting guest.

    I don't know what things you use to judge how you travel, but we find ourselves much more fulfilled when we recognise things we do or don't like, and trust what we gravitate to is what is meant to be!

    Vacationing is about the experience... living every moment, living and learning as you go!
    Read more