Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Day 2 - Blues Blast Awards

    September 14, 2019 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 25 °C

    Today was super awesome. We drove to Rockford to get to the hotel. When we stopped in we instantly saw Bob Corritore and Tail Dragger. After chatting briefly we went to our room and got ready. We then went to the venue and helped with the set up.

    During the night we backed up Alistair Greene, Mighty Mike Schermer, Bob Corritore with Oscar Wilson, Tail Dragger, and Diuna, then Dawn Tyler Watson. During the Bob Corritore set ske random dude ran up on stage and started playing absolutely terrible keyboards. It was outrageous.

    After our set there was a huge jam that featured Oscar, Diuna, and I believe Mary Lane or Teeny Tucker. They did back up vocals for him plus call and response. Also on stage was Bob and Igor Prado. I kind of messed up the ending but we saved it (Thrill is Gone).

    The last song was an Elmore James style tune fronted mostly by Whitney Shay. She did a great job and seemed to really enjoy the music. We also had another harmonica player come up, plus Dawn Tyler Watson who did a harmonica solo but just making harmonica sounds (sounded legit. She also did a trombone like solo during one of her tunes and did Night Train). One of the other ladies also came up briefly. Mighty Mike was also on stage and Ben Rice. Tail Dragger even made his way up.

    All in all it was a great night. We all played great and I got to really show all I can do in different styles. It was a great honor getting to play with all of the legends, new guys, and all in between.
    Read more