Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 18

    Day 16 - Broadway Oyster Bar

    September 29, 2019 in the United States ⋅ 🌧 23 °C

    Today was cool. We got into St. Louis and visited Doug’s uncle briefly in the hospital. He just had heart surgery. We then met up with Frank and Jenn. Rocky was very excited to see me.

    We went to get dinner at a place called Lonas. They do Vietnamese fusion foods. Wraps and such. I got the chicken plate which was chicken over noodles and this amazing sauce. I got spicy cucumbers as a side. They were great except for the cilantro.

    We got to the gig and found out we play 10-2 even though Doug’s contract says 9-1. Not only that they had a soundman there even though he requested not to have one. The whole night we were dealing with the bass drum because they ran it through a subwoofer. Hitting softly made no noise, anymore it was a huge techno bass.

    During our second set we had Frank sit in and he played the whole set. He sounded awesome. It’s obvious he knows the music well. The only real disappointing part of the night was the crowd. For the most part they were too quiet. We made good money though, but we could have made more except the Cardinals lost to the Cubs. All the people wanting to celebrate probably went home for the most part.

    After the gig we got candy and went back to Franks. We had to get up to leave by 8 to make it to the festival because of the change into Eastern time zone.
    Read more