Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 13

    Day 13 - Noce w/ The Bel Airs

    July 17, 2022 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 30 °C

    Today was a long drive, and early morning. We drove for several hours and made it to Kansas City again and tried “Slaps BBQ” which was okay. We drove direct to the gig at Noce and set up.

    This gig was a lot of fun. The sound guy was really good and works with Boz Scaggs. As we walked in he was making insane noises into the microphone as he EQd it. I set up all my gear and then played a few songs very quickly with the Bel Airs as their drummer was sick and needed me to play with them. Overall the show went well, with Doug and the Bel Airs. At the end of the night we all played together, two bassists. It was also a great night as I got to meet my friend Guga!

    After the gig we drove to a Taco Bell and it was supposedly open. A little kid was running around outside and he was out there for about a minute until his mom came running from the gas station berating him then he fell down and started to cry. We went through the drive thru and they told us they were closed even though they just gave food to the person in front of us. Doug backed up and hit something (just a grate) then Andrew told him it was a person and then jumped and hit the ceiling to make Doug think he did it again. Don’t put that evil on Doug!!!

    We then drove to Casey’s and got pizza. It was better than last time we went there. We then went and hung out for a bit with Scott, then headed to bed. Day off tomorrow.
    Read more