Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 34

    Cold Pool and Hot Bath in Julia Creek

    September 22, 2018 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 30 °C

    We headed off from our rest area stopover last night after I prepared dinner in the thermal cooker - osso bucco snd some rice.

    We drove the recently sealed Kynuna-Julia Creek road, finding it to be utterly flat and devoid of trees. Lucky for us we had our podcast, 6 part series ‘Wrong Skin’ for company.

    After around 2.5 hours and a quick stop for fuel in Kynuna, we arrived in Julia Creek and set up our caravan on a drive through site in the caravan park. This is our first time in a caravan park this trip and first time on power.

    As we set up we revelled in the aircon - very welcome with the temperature hovering around 33 degrees.

    As Gadi continued to set up outside, I prepared a veggie frittata which I cooked on the Weber, with some toasted homemade sourdough rye bread.

    We took it in turns to take a refreshing dip in the cold 25 metre local pool directly across the road from where we are staying. Then at 6pm we had our 45 minute soak in the hot tub out the back of the caravan park. What a lovely experience, provided free if you are staying here. We enjoyed a platter of cheese, dips, olives and crackers and a bottle of bubbly while we soaked in lovely warm artesian water. Cadbury was his usually sooky self and cried while he was tied up even though he was with us at the baths.

    Back to the caravan to relax. After our cheese platter we weren’t very hungry, but eventually ate a late dinner of that osso bucco snd rice I’d started cooking this morning.

    We will stay here a few nights, so time to explore tomorrow.

    Night night xx
    Read more