Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 48

    Quiet Day

    October 6, 2018 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 22 °C

    Today we decided to have a quiet and relaxing day, time to sit outside and enjoy the surroundings. We pottered around the caravan, slowly cleaning up in readiness to leave tomorrow.

    In the afternoon we drove to nearby Lake Tinaroo where there is a dam we were going to see. We drove to a couple of different spots on the lake and Cadbury had a swim and chased some sticks and we sat down to eat some fruit, including delicious locally grown strawberries from a farm near where we are staying.

    We did a supermarket shop in Atherton and then came back to the farm where we went down to the over one last time to see if we could see platypus. We saw a few but mainly on the opposite bank so not easy to take good photos. We went back to our caravan really hungry so we ate an early dinner of barbecued chicken (thank you Woollies!) and continued to pack down the caravan in readiness to leave early tomorrow for Cairns.

    In the evening we watched some old home videos of previous camping trips when the kids were little - very cute!

    Night night from the Atherton Tablelands xx
    Read more