Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 49

    Family Reunion in Cairns

    October 7, 2018 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 25 °C

    Packed up and left our lovely farm in the Atherton Tablelands heading north through Mareeba and Kuranda and down the windy, steep mountains into Cairns - a journey of only 90 minutes.

    We arrived at our caravan park before 11am, got to pick out our own site (plenty of shade and opposite the swimming pool) and set up in preparation for our son and my mum’s visit. We noticed immediately how much more humid it is here in Cairns than in the Tablelands!

    I trekked all the way to the airport - 6 minutes away - to pick them up early afternoon and brought them back to the caravan park to settle in to their cabin accommodation.

    We spent the afternoon chatting over a glass of bubbly snd some cheese and crackers before heading into town to check out the foreshore area.

    Then we headed back and I cooked marinated chicken fillets and vegetables on the Weber and we had a relaxed dinner sitting outside.

    Early night all round after we had all travelled to get here today. Tomorrow I am sure we will head out either in town or for a drive somewhere nearby.

    Night night from the FNQ east coast xx
    Read more