Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 106

    From Blowholes to Mountain Views

    December 3, 2018 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 28 °C

    We decided to double back today to spend time in the town of Kiama, north of where we are staying. We checked out the little blowhole (we could hear it blow but there was no activity, probably due to the tide being out) before heading to the big blowhole and the lighthouse. There were plenty of tourists there and we got to see the the blowhole ‘blow’ several times, but they weren’t huge blows.

    Then we bought some fish and a dozen oysters (for me) from the fish market on the wharf before looking for a picnic table in the shade with a view over the ocean so we could eat lunch.

    Next we stopped at nearby Bombo Beach, a surfing Mecca, where there was a walk up around the cliffs to some spectacular rock formations.

    Last stop for the day was a drive out of town inland to Saddleback Mountain Lookout, the drive was through some spectacularly lush green farmland before the road wound up a narrow, winding mountain road. There were several lookouts at the top overlooking the hinterland and the beach far below.

    We drove back to our caravan at Shoalhaven Heads. Time to relax, check out the vibrant yellow setting sun over the lovely Shoalhaven river just behind us. Time to head inside,feed Cadbury and us, and see what’s on the idiot box.

    Good night xx
    Read more