Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 107

    Birthday Spoils

    December 4, 2018 in Australia ⋅ ☁️ 17 °C

    So today was my birthday and the day began with a delicious brekky cooked by Gadi. Unfortunately, the weather was miserable, drizzling with grey skies.

    We relaxed this morning indoors watching old home videos that are stored on our hard drive.

    Late morning we decided to drive back to Berry, and check out some of the cute little shops. First stop was The Treat Factory, where we wandered around tasting a variety of food and eventually bought some dark chocolate covered licorice, some sweet orange marmalade and a homemade Thai satay sauce.

    We walked around the shops, and ate the best pies we’ve had all trip before heading to Berry’s famous donut van for obligatory freshly cooked cinnamon donuts and coffee.

    We went back to our caravan to chill for a while before i headed to the river with a glass of Pinot Grigio and half a dozen of those lovely oysters with freshly squeezed lemon.

    Time to head out for my birthday dinner at our local hotel overlooking the river. We sat in the beer garden with Cadbury, the light drizzle slowly dissipated, making it very pleasant to sit outside and enjoy ourselves with good food and good wine.

    I’ve had lots of phone calls and messages wishing me happy birthday, and despite the weather not being great, its been a lovely day. It has left me just a little homesick, so it’s lucky we are nearing home!

    Night night xx
    Read more