Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 94

    trip adelaide day 9

    December 19, 2016 in Australia ⋅ ☁️ 0 °C

    Today I woke up early to make a early start. I went to the house where my travelmate slept for the last time. And she still had to dry her laundry. So afterall 1 hour later we left towards Portland.

    The drive was somewhere like 1 hour. First we went to some lookout. It was just okay and it was also a small 4wd track. Then we visited a world War lookout, it was daily opend but unfortunately today not. So just enjoyed the view. Afterwards we went to some yellow rock lookout. There were a lot of surfers and the waves where really good! But the view was just nice. Also they have windmills here just like in the Netherlands ;-).

    Also in Portland there was a blowholes lookout, it was just okay, but next to it there was an petrified forrest. At least they called it so because it just looked like it. That was really amazing to see!

    At last we drove to some amazing caves. Really stunning so nice!. When we wanted to go we saw an old couple with a leak tire so I helped them and had a nice chat. Then dinner and afterwards to mount Gambier.

    Just before there was a sinkhole. We had a look and it was really weird. All the surrounding forrest where cut and there was only a small Piece of wood still there. The sinkhole was used for divers. There was an platform and stuff, I think it was 25 meters deep.

    In the city mount Gambier there was also a sinkhole but this one was built into a garden it was really nicely done! In the sinkhole there were some possems, one almost bit in my finger :-P. Then we went to a Blue Lake. It was really blue. Just like the coolant of a car. Really weird to see but beautiful!.

    All the places we saw the same people. Probably they did all thesame points as us. Pretty funny.

    Afterwards we went to beachport and had dinner there and went to sleep.
    Read more