Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 108

    lots of hours

    January 2, 2017 in Australia ⋅ 🌙 14 °C

    Monday I learned how to maintain the gleaner and afterwards drove it for a couple of hours. Rest of the day was all little stuff. At the end of the day the Peter (the old farmer) tried to roadkill 2 rabbits. Maybe he hit one properly but the other one survived :-P. The rabbits are not goqod for the crop.

    Wensday evening Peter felt down of the truck trailer, and injured himself. Luckily he could walk normal but was a bit sore. After a scan in the hospital he had a cracked vertebra in his back. So he had to do it "easy". You know how old farmers are, take it easy is not in their dictionary.

    Thursday I woke up a bit earlyer and started to maintain the gleaner and afterwards drove until mortie came around 3 o clock. Afterwards I did some stuff and finished bit after 10 so that's a pretty long day of more than 15 hours.

    Saturday, I did feed the sheep first and then maintenance at the header. (gleaner) afterwards I had to clean up some lentils that felt next to the bin.. Almost 2000kg.. Oops. Afterwards I drove a bit on the header. In the afternoon we had to stop of the heat. Because there were a lot of fires at other places. So had a few hours rest and then did some other stuff. I watched cricket for the first time. It's a very popular sport in Australia. Just like soccer in Holland.

    Sunday I had the morning off and the afternoon some maintaining at the header and afterwards bring some grain to graincorp.

    Video of harvesting lentils: https://youtu.be/lKaAXjQEneo

    Total this week was a lot of work, total of 85 Hours and so a lot of money for traveling and skydiving :-D.

    Probably next week wouldn't be a big difference from this week.
    Read more