Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3–5

    First Full Day On Board

    February 2, North Atlantic Ocean ⋅ ☀️ 21 °C

    I had a great sleep. The bed was amazingly comfortable. The darkness of the room is okay for me. I had requested that the beds get separated, but that hasn't happened yet. The bedside table is crowded with my c-pap, the phone, and the TV remote. I will have to get the beds separated. I phoned the front desk to get housekeeping, but 40 minutes later, I gave up. I need coffee!

    I grab Ken and off we go for coffee. Gabi joins a bit later, and we have breakfast up on in the buffet. It is loud and crowded. It was hard to find a table, but we managed. I was a little disappointed that there was no station to make omelets. They have plenty of food areas: hot breakfast, cereal and yogurt, fresh fruit, breads, and pastries. Something for everyone.

    Afterward, we headed back to the open deck 14. There is a smoking area here for Ken. We finally got into the hot tub. My back is still not the best, and Ken's knee is still sore.

    Soaking in the tub is nice. We sit back down for a bit. I grab a slice of pizza and salad for lunch, Gabi has some pizza, and Ken has a beer. (Still full from breakfast). The pool deck is very crowded and loud since it is a sea day. They have a lot of entertainment going on from dancing to contests. The weather has been nice, sunny, and about 22 C or 74 F.

    We headed back to the room to have a nap. My room is very cold, I think the thermostat is broken. I will have to get a hold of the cabin steward. They have split my beds now, and I have much more space.

    After a nice nap, we all headed back up to deck 14. Ken and I head to the hot tub, and Gabi enjoys the sun on the deck. We get to try different drinks this afternoon. I have a vodka and cranberry, Gabi tries a bloody Mary ( way too spicy), and Ken sticks with a Heineken. Mine is pretty good. We sit and enjoy people watching for a bit. We head back down for a shower before dinner.

    There is plenty of hot water, and the shower is big enough for me. The blow dryer works well, and pretty soon I'm ready for dinner. We all head down together.

    Gabi goes with a lobster tail, Ken has the chicken Parma, and I do the salmon. All our dinners were very good. Yes, there are the obligatory food shots down below.

    After dinner, Gabi heads back to the room. She is still bothered by the motion of the ocean and needs a Gravol. Ken and I headed back up to 14 for our now customary Jack and Coke nightcap.

    Ken heads back to the room, and I head down to the Casino. No luck at all. I leave my donations and head back for a good night's sleep.
    Read more