Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    First Port Day

    February 3 on the Bahamas ⋅ ☀️ 23 °C

    Today, we arrive on Nassau, which is the capital of the Bahamas. We don't dock until 9:00 AM. I'm always amazed at the skill of the captain who gas to dock these huge beasts without hitting anything. It's absolutely amazing. A Carnival ship is already docked, and a Royal Caribbean ship is also here. After we dock, a Disney ship comes in. I'm glad we are staying on board. There are 4 ships here today. The port is going to be crazy.

    We all meet for breakfast and enjoy the fact that half the people are not here. I can't imagine what the port is like with 12,000 + people there. There are no crowds at the buffet, no problem finding a seat. Yes!

    After breakfast, we head down to deck 5 to check out some of the ship while it is empty. There is a nice central staircase where Gabi and I have some fun with poses. We found the cigar lounge on deck 6. This is a quiet, cozy place where Ken can have a smoke inside.

    We then headed up to deck 14 for some hot tub fun. We meet a nice couple and chat about the differences between the USA and Canada. Then I show them the blogs and talk about travel.

    All three of us head to the hot tub and enjoy a soak. Then, back to the deck for a bit.

    After a quick lunch, we had a drink, and I head back for a nap. One more trip to the hot tub, and then it's time for a shower before dinner. We could get used to this daily routine.

    Another successful dinner. I had the snapper, Gabi had Cajun shrimp, and Ken had the sirloin steak. We all enjoyed our meal. Afterward, we headed to the cigar lounge for our night cap of Jack and Coke. Gabi joined us for wine as well. Another port day tomorrow, so we should have some peace and quiet again.
    Read more