Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    Day-3 @Prague

    December 28, 2023 in Czech Republic ⋅ ☁️ 8 °C

    This day belonged to visiting Charles Bridge, the Lennon Wall, the Dancing tower and the museums - esp. The Franz Kafka Museum.
    We started our day early (as per vacation standards), and left our stay by 10 am, so that we could sufficiently enjoy Charles Bridge in the sunlight. Fortunately enough, there were no much clouds: the day was bright. And we enjoyed watching the making of Trdle / Trdelnik which is also known as Baumkuchen (Tree shaped Cake) in Germany, or in English it is known as Chimney Cake. It is more famous in Czech republic though, with different flavors added into it..
    We were able to enjoy more this day, as we came across many funny ads and concepts on our way to Charles Bridge. In the broad daylight, Charles Bridge is a sight to see! It's huge entrance archways on either side are intricately designed, and the bridge is quite broad, with many statues adorned on the railing walls. These Statues have different elements to it, and some have Halos or Wands or the Scepters made with glittering yellow metal - seemed like Gold. In the sunlight, they looked beautiful, and when viewed with the river as background, it was all the more colourful and vibrant. Many people were flocking on the bridge, which made it a bit difficult to walk through and take good pictures. But then, it's Charles Bridge, and we know why it is so famous.
    After exiting from here, we went towards the Lennon Wall, where lot of graffitis were drawn on it. It looked weird, yet beautiful in the sense of Prague surprising us with something different than usual. And then there were the regular lovers who'd try to paint their names on this wall, establishing their love to the world (#apparently #notclassy). Nearby, there was an art store that showcased various shapes and types of glasses, and some designs were really fascinating. They were up to be sold as well, but looking at the prices, we decided to stay away from them, even to look at them, as we started fearing that we would somehow make one of those fall down..
    After our visit to the Lennon Wall, we decided to try having our lunch at Vegetarianska Samoobsluha which was situated near one of the busiest streets in Prague (in my opinion) - Narodni Trida. In front of this restaurant, there was supposed to be a rotating statue of head of Franz Kafka, made our of mirror/ reflecting glass. However, he was out of commission as "something was not quite right in his head" 😂 As comical as it could get, we enjoyed the buffet lunch offered here, at such cheap price. We ate to our heart's content and set about to checkout the Dancing building.
    We reached the Dancing building after getting down at Karlovo Namesti (Charles Square). It was situated very close to the river and we were able to see the Castle with the lights in the evening.
    The dancing building was finally fully visible, and it was very interesting. Wonder if the architect was a fan of Michael Jackson, and it seemed like the building was saying 'Ouch' ala Michael Jackson style.
    We decided to check out some museums, as it was dark and we didn't want to see any other tourist attractions without sunlight. And then we stuck the jackpot: Visiting the museum of museums - The Franz Kafka Museum..... ☠️
    Read more