Satelita
Pokaż na mapie
  • Dzień 21

    Tasman Island Cruise

    21 września 2022, Australia ⋅ ⛅ 12 °C

    This morning we had a Tasman Island cruise booked with Pennicott Tours which was exciting. But what ended up being more exciting was that our rooftop tent was dry this morning when we got up! The first time in 21 days we have been able to pack up the tent dry 😄 Bart was stoked!

    The Cruise starts in Stewart Bay just outside of Port Arthur.

    It was fantastic. Just as we got out of Stewart Bay we came across a huge pod of dolphins who were feeding which was so great to watch, then they headed out along the magnificent coastline of steep cliffs, weaving in and out of rock pillars. It was so good.

    Bart and I managed to get the two front seats on the boat so we had a great view, but when the boat would stop to look at a sight the water would rush in around our feet 😄 we quickly learnt to keep our feet up on the side ledges.

    We even came across a couple of humpback whales 🤗 which we watched playing for a while. But as the boat turned a rather largish wave came over the bow and covered both of us and the couple sitting behind us as well. Fortunately you get waterproof jackets when you board. But the one size fits most doesn't apply to my husband who ended up wetter than the rest of us 😨.

    The scenery was fantastic and on our way back in the dolphins found us again so we spent the last 10 minutes watching them frolick around the boat.

    If your ever in this area I'd highly recommend this tour.
    Czytaj więcej