Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 22

    Cape Raoul Track

    September 22, 2022 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 13 °C

    This morning was our last on the Tasman Peninsula, so we thought we'd do the Cape Raoul Track that Cyndy told us about 🤗.

    The track is part of the Three Capes Track. We ended up walking 16kms, after adding in the seal lookout and took us 4 hours (with stopping a number of times to admire the view).

    The Track starts by going through a mixed forest of eucalyptus and rainforest trees before opening to the first lookout which is spectacular. You then follow the cliff line (though you feel safe because there is a small stand of trees between you and the cliff edge 😄) before coming out onto a plain that is covered in shorter more dense trees and shrubs.

    The paddymelons don't mind you walking past them at all and just hop off the track for you to walk by.

    Cape Raoul is just amazing, we stopped here to have a sandwich (lovingly made and packed by my husband 🥰) and then headed around to seal lookout, where you can see and hear the seals down below. It also gives you a great vantage point of Cape Raoul.

    You head back the same way you came so our return trip was quite a bit quicker.

    We had one more stop to make before leaving the area and the was to the Remarkable Cave. It's a very short 10 minute return walk, but I was disappointed that you can't actually get down to the cave floor. They have board walk that you have to stay on now 🤷🏽‍♀️🙄.

    Now it's time to start heading north once more.
    Read more