Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 95

    Songkran Day 3

    April 15, 2017 in Thailand ⋅ ⛅ 26 °C

    We were expecting today to be the wild day but it was definitely not as busy as the first two days. Maybe the colder weather had something to do with that.. But it was still fun! The group rented trucks with ice water bins and went out to get soaked. I didn't join them because my friends weren't officially on the tour, so we tried to look for then instead but never actually saw them. We did actually watch the parade for once though! Each day there was a parade of different groups, some university groups, businesses, etc. Wasn't all that exciting to be honest but we were in a good viewing position and didn't want to leave too quickly. We didn't waterfight as long today, one of our friends had to catch a flight at about 2:30 so we walked her back and said goodbye. Another was leaving shortly after so we hung out at the hotel for a while instead of going back out into the mayhem.

    After our friends left, we dried off again and went to try and meet the group at the tattoo shop where they were having a tattoo party similar to the one we did before. But, we weren't told that the owner has 3 locations and went to the wrong one... Couldn't find them at the end of it so our smaller group did our own thing which turned out to be more fun anyway! We went back to the international food market, had some snacks, and listened to the band that was playing. Our friends even managed to get people up and dancing when usually they don't. Fun times! Afterwards we just went back to the guesthouse for a few more drinks and conversation.
    Read more