Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 103

    Day 2 - At Sea

    April 23, 2017, Tasman Sea ⋅ ⛅ 22 °C

    Today was a full day of cruising, and a definite lazy day, much needed. We woke up at about 10am and had a leisurely breakfast before going off to explore the ship. We walked all the levels and tried to find everything, figure out where all the fun places to be are. There are 15 levels, all but the 1st open to passengers. There's a rock climbing wall, flow rider, mini golf, basketball court, ice rink, pools, outdoor theatre, captain viewing area, art gallery, casino, spa, outdoor running track, arcade, gym, a number of bars, and a shopping area. It really is a city on it's own! The ship is the Explorer of the Seas by Royal Carribean.

    At the end of our little walking tour we ran into my friends from last night. Mom said she was ready for a nap so I hung out with them for a bit. We had some lunch and wandered around for a while before splitting up, they were in need of a nap, not feeling so hot after last night haha. I decided to head to the nearby Irish Bar, called the Crown and Kettle, to grab a drink and do some writing. I think that will be a new favourite spot for me :) It's relaxed, laid back, and they have Bloody Mary's that are covered within my drinks package, every where else they're considered premium and cost extra. One of the bartenders told me he'd even be able to make me a Caesar if they have Clamato in the back. I'll be asking him for that for sure!

    After blogging I went up to the pool deck to watch the sun set! It was pretty beautiful. Because my good phone isn't working properly I don't get the best photos anymore but I sure tried to capture it as best as I can! I went back to the room and got ready for dinner, tonight is formal night and Mom and I are going to head to the dining room for dinner. Thankfully she brought me a nice dress. I think we looked pretty great! Will have to get a photo next time haha. Dinner was superb, we were seated with another couple and they ordered a few appetizers each so of course we followed suit and ended up with way too much delicious food. Mmmmmmm cruise food is delicious!!

    After dinner we went to a show at the theatre, there were a number of different performers and they did a few different dance acts. It was pretty cool I suppose but I definitely started to fall asleep... Oops! Following the show Mom went to bed and I went out searching for my friends. Didn't find them but did make some new friends :) We had a great time together and I'm sure that I'll be seeing them again as well. These friends are two couples, not traveling together, that are very laid back and fun to be around. Looking to be a good cruise!
    Read more