Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 110

    Day 9 - Suva, Fiji

    April 30, 2017 in Fiji ⋅ 🌬 29 °C

    Today I woke up feeling great after a decent night's sleep and Mom and I took off for Uprising Beach Resort. I still managed to sleep the entire bus ride there and home despite a good nights sleep... Guess Asia has just made me used to it! I think I slept on every single travel vehicle we were on haha.

    Anyway, the bus ride was about an hour to the resort and we spent about 4 hours there. Compared to Mystery Island, the beach was underwhelming. The water was a murky colour and there was hardly any sea life to see below the water! It was a good place for swimming though I do have to say. And I stayed out in the water for about an hour straight just putsing around. I met up with Mary and Elizabeth while in the water and the three of us tried to discover marine life. We did see two fish between the three of us lol. But hey, now we can say that we've swam at a beach in Fiji! That's really all that we wanted to accomplish with the day. Especially because Suva itself isn't really a city that any of us wanted to spend any time in... It was nice to get away from there. I suppose we spent the night just so that the ship could restock as we now have 7 or 8 straight days of sailing ahead of us. Anyway, we had lunch at the resort and I sat by the pool afterwards reading my book and enjoying a local beer. I will say one thing about Fiji, the people are insanely kind and some of the nicest people I've met! They definitely go out of your way to remember your name and be kind to you. Something to be said about that :)

    We hopped back on the bus back to the cruise ship and made it back just in time for last call before they were set to sail away. I hopped in the shower before going up to the pool deck to see the sun set and there I ran into Joel. We had a couple drinks before I set off to find Mom. Mom and I had dinner in the dining room again. We had the same table again and the waiters are getting to know us pretty well haha. I don't even have to ask for my after dinner espresso anymore, he just brings it to me ;)

    After dinner Mom and I decided to go see the Accountant, playing in the theatre. Joel met up with us for that as well. It was a pretty great movie! All about a man with Aspergers who did the books for a a few criminal organizations and got into some trouble. An action movie, well researched, well done. I enjoyed it!

    After the movie Mom wanted to go to bed so Joel and I went to the bar next to the theatre and grabbed a drink. We then went to head up to the night club, Dizzy's, but got distracted at the Casino Bar chatting to Paul, an older gentleman that I've met on a number of previous occasions; he sure loves to drink haha. So we missed Dizzy's after losing track of time. We were going to head up to play another game of basketball but instead stood out on the balcony watching the water go by for a bit. It was a nice and relaxing way to end the evening instead of getting my adrenaline completely going by jumping around and what not. A very nice, low key evening, and I'm sure I'll sleep well tonight because I wasn't at the nightclub drinking to excess! Loving this trip.
    Read more