Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 34

    Horrocks Beach Caravan Park.

    June 5, 2023 in Australia ⋅ 🌬 19 °C

    June 5. Day 34.

    Horrocks Beach Caravan Park, near Northampton.

    0615/1400. 475 KM.

    An early start as there was nothing to keep me at Macleods!

    More highway driving accompanied by another audiobook “Handling Edna”, a rather humourous account by Barry Humphries.

    Several leg stretch stops and a refuel at Billabong Roadhouse. Pulled into Horrocks at about 2 pm to be greeted by my good friends Anna & Kim Larsen. Set up camp and next order of the day was a long hot shower. That had been missing for the last two days!

    Sundowners and meal prep were next. I did the entree of Pulled Beef Chilli Con Carne and rice. Jim Blood cooked the main course of Thai Chicken Curry. It was delicious. Jim and his wife Roz and their mutual friends Marty and Rose Klein, all of whom I know, were all on their way to stay at Murchison River Station for a week or so.

    Much banter and a card game of Five Crowns followed. Ably assisted by a couple of bottles of wine and a fair quaffing of port. A darn good evening! Consequently a later than usual turn in.

    It had stated to rain and blow mid morning. That afternoon and evening it cranked up big time. Perth and the SW were getting battered by a big frontal system, with a lot of flooding in the city. I woke up several times with the wind howling and the rain hammering on the van. We were copping the same weather system now. The van held up well. Cozy in fact.

    Horrocks Beach Caravan Park, near Northampton.

    A nice small CP with good amenities adjacent to the beach run by G’Day. A new amenities block has just been commissioned.
    $36-/night.
    Telstra mobile: 3 bars, 4G. Good bandwidth
    Read more