Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 32

    Leon rest day

    October 5, 2023 in Spain ⋅ ☀️ 25 °C

    How nice was it this morning to wake up knowing it was a rest day! Our 3rd and last rest day on the trip.
    We had a fabulous night catching up with Irish family and went to the most sumptuous restaurant that we have been to on this whole trip! It was almost in a time warp . I had Beef Wellington and bomb Alaska for dessert. Not sure I have ever had it before plus a black pudding starter! Vanessa and Fiona are real foodies so were pretty impressed. As you can imagine there was lots of chat and catching up . Rugby did not get a look in!
    Last night the streets were alive with the festival celebrating when the Christians took over the Muslims in the 13th C called San Froilan . There was opera folk and tradional music wherever we strolled..
    Today has been a day of soaking up the atmosphere of this beautiful city and doing a little shopping but we can't buy much as no room!
    We went to a medievil market and the food was amazing. Photos to follow but pigs in spits; paella, sausages of all descriptions and gallons of sangria!
    We are all going to eat there tonight.
    Beautiful day again but the mornings are cold.
    Bill arrives anytime and tomorrow we hit the track again and looking forward to getting into the Galicea region.
    Buen Camino
    Read more