Satelliet
Weergeven op kaart
  • Dag 33

    Leon to Hospital de Orbigo

    6 oktober 2023, Spanje ⋅ ☀️ 27 °C

    Today was one of the most tedious hot never ending walks we have had! Now we are a team of 10 ( feet) as Bill has joined us for a few days walking.
    We had a lovely start to the day with Fiona Conor Vanessa and Tim walking the first 9 km with us. We all set off in good spirits and another beautiful morning thinking we would find a cafe and all have a farewell breakfast together. Not to be.
    We walked through 2 small villages and nothing was open . It's Saturday and Spain seems to take relaxing in the weekend to a whole new level.
    Finally after no cafes to be seen we all sat under a tree and shared a bag of pineapple lumps that Bill had kindly brought over, a bag of lollies and some sugared almonds.
    Sadly we bid farewell to our Irish family and we trudged.
    along dusty endless tracks beside rolling fields of maize and ploughed dirt.
    We did finally come to a sleepy town where it seemed not a soul stirred but there was a cafe with 2 things in the cabinet and a girl serving us who must have come top of the class at the school of no charm, but she made coffees and that was what we wanted!
    Due to a slightly later start we did not get into Hospital de Orbigo until 4pm. After 30 km it was sight for tired eyes. A beautiful bridge built by the Romans and a quaint historic town.
    The best thing is the Hotel here right by the old bridge and a lovely man running it. I had roast lamb tonight. Delicious.
    The town is famous here for jousting! An ancient sport but the competition continues.
    All having early nights and listening to the Irish game.
    We had a great night out in Leon last night having street food from the markets and ending up in a "snug"with our Irish family and a French man watching France play Italy .Bill had arrived so we were pleased to see him
    A much shorter walk tomorrow thankfully.
    Buenes noches
    Meer informatie