Satélite
Exibir no mapa
  • Dia 43

    Portomarin to Palas de Rei

    16 de outubro de 2023, Espanha ⋅ ☁️ 14 °C

    After a bit of a late night watching SA v France game we were up early having breakfast before we departed. It was such a treat to see cereal laid out and even kiwi fruit! Almost feltlike home. Rachael our host was a sweetie and in her limited English and our more limited Spanish we all chatted over breakfast. The hotel had the theme of the Godfather and was very modern.
    Off we set with many others which we are still getting use to. There were quite a few climbs today so the heart rate was going up !
    Really pretty countryside similar to the last few days with the rural theme continuing. Jane befriended a dear old alsation who looked like he might join us for the walk.
    The light rain came mid morning and carried on for most of the day.
    Our destination seemed a long time coming today but finally we were checking into our hotel about 3.30 pm. It is very quaint with lace trimmed pillows on the beds and thick brick walls.
    My shoes are holding in there just and I see s split on one side so may have to do some repairs.
    3 more days of camino walking. Will miss the simplicity of this life and the interesting people we meet but think my feet will be thanking me!
    Leia mais