Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 7

    Sea Day Jan 15th

    January 15, North Pacific Ocean ⋅ ☀️ 23 °C

    Much calmer seas today, so not nearly as much staggering around on the ship. We attended the morning coffee talk with the cruise director Avine and the singer from the Jersey Boys show. He talked very frankly about the industry and his path through entertainment.
    We had an hour with the gym personal trainer and he showed us exercises and the equipment and how to use them correctly for posture and the best results. We then did a set ourselves and probably over-did it. We'll find out tomorrow morning how sore we are since neither of us has done any weight training...
    Then trivia again at noon, and we came in second, but it was not a good score since the questions were all about Hawaii, the islands and their history. Guess we should have attended some of those history talks / lectures they had the day before.
    The winds started back up so our attempts at ping pong and putt-putt golf did not go well at all, so we just decided to walk 4 laps around the ship which is one mile.
    We had Afternoon Tea with Roger and Penny.
    Then a presentation on turtles and how they are in the wild and also a racy video of 2 turtles getting it on in the water.
    THEN the BEST part of the day was with Penny teaching us how to play cribbage. She is a very patient teacher and we made it through a 200 point game, which I (Rob) won.
    Dinner and going to stay in the room to watch the 2nd show from the magician on TV. Then early to bed to get ready for our first day on land in a week!
    Big plans for our days in Hawaii tomorrow
    Read more