Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    Home to Heathrow T3

    October 22, 2016 in England ⋅ 🌙 10 °C

    Saturday 22nd October

    This year’s holiday is a special one as its Pete’s 60th year, so to celebrate we have decided to go to New Zealand via Hong Kong on the way out and Bangkok on the return leg. Accompanying us is our very own hobbit Janet, who those of you who followed our travels around Canada will remember. Janet ensures we know where all the public loos are and is our official map reader and site spotter, she is better than any TomTom.

    Since our flight is not leaving Heathrow until 22:15 we decided to take advantage and spend some time in the lounge. Our chauffeur Frances, who we have used many times before, picked us up as arranged and carried on to scoop up Janet in Kings Langley. From there we zoomed straight through to terminal 3 at Heathrow with no hold ups. Bit of a panic at check in as Peter spotted the cabin luggage being weighed and I knew mine was well over the allowance. Frantically I was trying to empty as much heavy stuff as I could and stuff it into my waistcoat pockets, whilst at the same time trying to look nonchalant. I was doing it even as we stood in front of the check in desk. After all the panic our check in clerk did not weigh our bags so I needn’t have worried. Juggling bags, plastic bags and electronic items to keep them separate we went through security and it was not until we got to the lounge that Janet realised she had lost her boarding pass! She and I retraced our steps but couldn’t find it. She was cross with herself, but was consoled that another one could be printed at boarding and she also found one she had printed at home that should suffice. So now to settle down and enjoy the food, drink and ambient atmosphere. Quick update, the missing boarding pass has been located in Peter’s pocket!!!
    Read more