Satellite
  • Day 5

    The reunion in Bolivia

    October 4, 2017 in Bolivia ⋅ 🌙 27 °C

    I spent the morning after checking in to do all the pictures backup and some washing. The missed sleep from the previous night finally caught up at around 2pm, so I decided to have an hours snooze. The plan being to wake up by 3:30 and then have some lunch and be back by 4:30 when Hristo was expected to arrive.
    He landed early and passed through the security quite quickly as well so he was waiting when I arrived back. It was awesome to catch up with each other after a long time. Lots of stories from his African adventure. Time just flew by while we sat and chatted about the experiences from Africa and the plan for the Bolivia trip. Around 6:30 we finally left to find food and also find out about the different ways to reach Sucre.
    Met the manager of the hostel and he recommended taking the flight instead of the bus since the roads were in pretty bad condition and the journey was of 14 hrs. The flight turned out to be just 100 b$ more and would take 45 min, so we changed the plan and decided to fly early at 9:20 next morning.
    Having done that we went out to look for food and try and find a cheaper way to get to the airport. The hostel was charging 80 b$, we asked a taxi guy and he quoted 70 b$. The guy was honest enough to tell that we could just walk 500 mts to the place from where we could get the regular bus to the airport and it would be 3b$. We managed to find it and it turned out to be 6 b$ but still, way cheaper than all the other options and it was starting at 5 am and every 20 min.
    So having checked that part, we decided to eat.
    Read more