Satellite
  • Day 93

    New Year celebrations

    December 31, 2017 in Chile ⋅ ☀️ 22 °C

    We drove back to Ancud and decided to stay at Hotel Isla Magica again. We reached back around 10:30 pm and got the same cabaña. We didn't have any food items with us to cook and the landlady informed that all the restaurants would be closed by now. She tried calling the restaurants she thought might be open but they were all closed. For the new year celebrations, she too recommended going to the stadium for the fireworks.
    We decided to drive around the town and see if anything was open. The whole town felt like a ghost town. Nothing was open and there was no one around. One smallest shop selling alcoholic drinks was open. We bought some cookies, chips and drinks from there. Then we drove towards the stadium. On the way, Hristo bought a pack of sausages. That all basically constituted our last dinner of the year 2107. 😁😁
    At the stadium, we managed to park our car quite near the entrance. We couldn't see any ticket counter near the gates but there were people giving away neon bands and some police inspecting all the bags etc. We decided to walk in and see if we needed any tickets or reservations. We found out that the event was organised by the local municipality and was free for everyone. There was a concert stage in the middle where some local bands played peppy Spanish music to keep the crowds occupied. We settled down in the middle of stadium seating and had our food stuff while enjoying the music. Everyone around was dressed up in costumes and wearing props. It was a total festive atmosphere.
    Read more