Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 38

    Yes it's still Lockdown

    August 31, 2020 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 10 °C

    Well a few weeks have passed and we are still stuck in this new Melbourne experience. The government is still finding people to fine for breaking the rules which by now seem a little clearer. We now understand a 5km radius from home which gives us 85sq km to explore. Maybe some streets yet to find but if this Level4 goes on any longer I'm sure we will discover.

    We are trying to keep busy with walking, biking, reading and sewing. And of course we are both lucky to be working and our employers are benefitting from a few extra hours each week,

    The supermarket gets a lot of visits as it is really the only allowed task we can do....but only one of us. The car thinks it's been abandoned but it was started and idled for a while a couple of weeks back. Good fuel savings at least.

    We aren't too bad here as there was a big storm late last week where whole suburbs were without electricity. There are still over 3000 houses without power today and there were 250000 houses had to boil water as well. We avoided all of these problems luckily.

    Spring is definitely arriving with blossom and daffodils greeting us on our walks. Lots of pleasant perfumes that do manage to get through our masks. Those damn masks! We wear them constantly when out of the apartment and I'm sure they are really helping but we look forward to the day when they can be banished into the sock drawer. Most people are also abiding and wearing. I have seen the odd person without but as long as I am protected by my mask then I will let the poor police sort the others.
    So there's not much change here really. I suppose that's the news.....
    Read more