Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 57

    There's travel ahead.

    September 19, 2020 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 23 °C

    It's getting better! The covid numbers are decreasing. The weather is lovely and we can get outside for 2 hrs a day. Melbourne may be on the way out of restrictions. The curfew still exists but it doesn't really affect us as we can't visit anyone. The masks don't feel any better!
    But our news is that this Friday we board a plane and head to Auckland. As we are kiwis we are allowed to leave Australia. We will of course go into 14 days managed isolation, probably in Auckland but then we are free of germs, free of masks and free of lockdowns (we hope).
    Our plans are for 3 months in Aotearoa then will revisit what the rules are for returning to Melbourne. Hopefully not isolation at least. Our employers have supported us to work from NZ so it's not a holiday. We are still working and paying the bills but we are so fortunate to be able to see friends and family.
    So watch this space as we work our way through our managed isolation. We are excited at this and ready to work through it as the 14 days of isolation is not only an experience, its also worth the final result of us being back with low level covid rules and being with our friends and family.
    Read more