Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 67

    Day Four- waiting for results

    September 29, 2020 in New Zealand ⋅ ⛅ 11 °C

    Our routines are yet to settle. We both started work at 9.15am after a brisk walk around the hotel entranceway. The circuit is just over 100 steps so no speed but the fresh air is great after being in aircon for the night. We have learnt to use the lifts at odd hours in the day to avoid the queues. But once again we were caught out today as we booked our rooftop exercise for 1.30pm and took just on 20 mins for an available lift. A bit frustrating as we are on Level 6 and we only need to get to Level 5. Stairways are closed to us due to the massive cleaning task the hotel would have if (suspected) germ ridden inmates used them.

    Our exercise was therefore a bit shorter so Regan ran and skipped and Julie walked briskly. So far we have been really lucky as our exercise times seem to avoid the sub-tropical downpours that Auckland is known for. We are still to get our covid test results back. No news is good news I reckon. And we honestly have no idea where we could pick up covid over the past few months as we have been really isolated from any other people.

    Our day revolved around work mainly, our food deliveries including a coffee, a visit from the nurse checking our temperature and our mental health. She mentioned that some people can be grumpy in isolation which is a bit unfair on the workers who are just trying to make our lives as comfortable as possible. We greet everyone with a smile (behind our masks) and a cheery conversation.

    It's always interesting to ask how far others are through their isolation journey. One guy yesterday was on Day 11 and he appeared quite happy to be close to release. I expect we may feel the same by then. Our photos are reducing as we find less to share. Maybe by Day 10 you will just know that it's "just another day" for us.
    Read more